Must Know Laminate Flooring Facts
If you’re considering having laminate flooring installed, here are a few facts that you should know:
- Laminate floors are available in planks or square tiles and are designed to resemble wood or ceramic tiles. This look is achieved by having a very high-resolution image printed on a film layer that is then protected by a melamine wear layer that is both tough and durable.
- Laminate flooring is very soft, comfortable and quiet, despite the fact that it appears to have a hard surface.
- Laminate floors have a strong core made of high-density fibreboard.
- The plank option and the floating tile option allows you to install the flooring directly over the existing floors without having to glue them down, which can save both time and installation costs. Once they are installed, they can be walked on right away.
- Laminate flooring can be installed by homeowners, especially if they are the glue-less kind because no specific adhesives or tools are required, so the assistance of a professional installer is not necessary. Laminate flooring that must be glued together is more challenging to install and the process can be tricky and if it is not done correctly, can result in gaps.
- Laminate floors are very easy to clean and maintain and a vacuum or mop does the trick. You do not have to refinish them or sand them or go through the trouble of re-staining them, so if you’re looking for flooring that has very low-maintenance, laminate is your answer.
- Laminate flooring is most common in kitchens and bathrooms if they are being installed in a home but can also be installed in living rooms, dining rooms and entrance ways. Laminate floors are perfect for high traffic areas because they are durable and can be cleaned easily so you don't have to worry about people coming and going on a daily basis.
- Laminate floors are hypoallergenic so you don't have to worry about anybody who has allergies. This type of flooring does not collect dust, unlike carpets that can easily become a health hazard.
- Laminate floors were first developed in the 1980s and quickly became popular because of the price point and simplicity of installing it, which homeowners can do themselves.
- Laminate floors are not limited to residential use and can be installed in commercial spaces as well. They are a very popular choice for stores, offices, hotels, hospitals and schools.
Milton Hardwood can help with your laminate flooring needs in the GTA, so give them a call today for more information regarding prices and installation.